Friday, February 24, 2012

Easy Chili Dinner

     I love quick and easy meals for dinner and this is one of my favorites. Most days I forget to take stuff out for dinner before I leave for work so I am always on the hunt for meals that don't have a long prep or cook time.

     Chili was on last night's menu and it was delicious. Here is what you need:
                     1 bag of Bear Creek Darn Good Chili
                     1 6oz can of tomato paste
                     1lb of ground beef (or turkey)
     Optional:
                     1 can black beans
                     1 can kidney beans
                     Brown sugar

     First, get all your ingredients together.

IMAG0211

     In a large saucepan, cook your meat thoroughly.

IMAG0212

     Add 7 cups of water, as stated on package, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium or low then add chili mix, tomato paste and beans (if applicable).

IMAG0213
I should have used less water since I added the beans
     Simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes. Add brown sugar to taste (I like mine with a bit of sweetness). Serve with cheese and sour cream.

IMAG0215
     Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Amanda! :) I've always wanted a good solid chili recipe! I will definitely have to try this soon. :) Thanks for sharing!

Mom said...

Amanda,That sounds like a good recipe. I think I might try that on Sunday>