Thursday, February 16, 2012


     I thought this would be the perfect time to share our story on how I became a Sisson with love being in the air this week.

     It all started in 2009, on a cold Monday night in February, after a church activity we both attended. We had both noticed each other previously at other functions and since we had mutual friends we had been at some of the same gatherings. Well this particular evening I stayed to clean up after the activity when one of our mutual friends came in and invited the few of us left to join everyone to hang out and get some food.

     I was tempted to say no... I had worked all day, planned, setup and cleaned up the activity and I had already been asked to get some food with other friends which I wasn't planning on going to. But I resisted the temptation to say no and followed him to the restaurant as I didn't want to seem like the old lady that had a bedtime.

     Sure enough when we walked in there was a huge row of tables in the middle of the restaurant with about 30 people chatting and enjoying themselves. Of course the only seats open were at the end of this long row so we sat down and started a conversation. Little did I know that I just sat across from my future husband.

     We talked, we ordered some food, we laughed, we flirted and we exchanged numbers. Before officially meeting that night I thought he was a few years younger than me and to be truthful I thought that he was going to be some stuck-up or weird goofy kid. Oh how we can be so wrong about people. When the checks came around they had combined mine with my future hubby Justin's on accident and since he is so sweet he insisted on buying my dinner (it was meant to be). I protested but in the end he won and I left thinking I had just met a crazy and sweet New York boy. 

     The next morning, at 7:45am, while I was on my way to work I get a text message from Justin saying how much fun he had at dinner the night before and would like to do it again. I was a little taken aback I must say...I mean it was 7:45 in the morning! I thought he was going to be one of those guys that wouldn't leave me alone and now that he had my phone number he was going to text me constantly.

     Needless to say we did start texting constantly but it was mutual. We dated for almost a year, on and off, before he proposed in December 2009. I never would have thought that would be the night I met my husband but here we stand, happily married. We got married April 2010 and are excited to celebrate our two year anniversary in two months. Geez time flies.

     That is really just the overview of our story. I will post details about his proposal and our wedding in the near future.

(my feet hurt so bad!)

No comments: