Sunday, February 12, 2012

Movie and weekend review

     My weekend fun started Friday about 15 minutes after I got off work. I got home, changed and headed to a nearby chapel. Saturday was my cousin's (the groom) wedding so I was helping setup the chapel for the luncheon. My family is definitely a DIY family so you can bet that they cooked all the food and setup everything for this luncheon, even the mother of the groom! I didn't stay for too long as the bride invited me to see The Vow with the girls for her last night as a single lady. 


     Here is the movie review and if you are planning to see this movie, skip this as it might possibly contain spoilers. Now going into this movie I was expecting a super sappy chick flick that would make me go home and tell my husband all the things I saw in the movie that he should do. This was not the case. 
     I enjoyed the movie, don't get me wrong, it just didn't live up to my expectations. Spoiler alert: I really disliked when Paige decided to go back home with her father and Leo didn't fight for her to stay or anything. Then when they divorced and again Leo didn't fight I just wanted to cry. The end of the movie was quite abrupt for me and I really wanted to see Paige start to fall in love with Leo again. 
     In the end I enjoyed the movie but wanted more. Since it was based on a true story I might google the story and see if that has the romance I was expecting. 


     Now to Saturday.... I headed to my cousin Mike and Brooke's wedding with my mom around 9:45. The sealing ceremony was beautiful and they both had that glowing love look in their eyes. After a few pictures we headed to finish the preparations for the luncheon.
     After getting the buns, pulled pork, coleslaw, pasta salad, meatballs and desserts out we served the guests and had little time to enjoy the food ourselves. Then after cleaning it all up I grabbed my nephew and headed home to change, since my feet were killing, so I could get some groceries before heading to the reception. (sigh)
     The hubs got home just in time to take a quick shower while I wrapped the wedding present and changed my nephew into some pants before heading to Costco. Got all our groceries in our basket just as the store was closing and we were off to the reception.
     Although it was chilly and it was an outdoor reception it turned out beautifully! They had a huge wait to get through the line but once through that we enjoyed the catered food and delicious desserts. 

     Today, Sunday, was my day of relaxation and rejuvenation. I looked at our budget and bills, talked with the hubby about our future and attended church. Then we headed to my moms to enjoy some lasagna and cupcakes. Mmmmm... I will be sharing my moms lasagna recipe soon.
     Now it's time to get ready for the upcoming week.....

     But first lets enjoy some pictures from the wedding...

Me and my nephew, Ian

The kids


The happy couple

The desserts

My brother, Kurt, and Sheila

Me and the hubby

No comments: