Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick and Healthy

IMAG0184

     Keeping with my goal to eat healthy, I am always trying to find quick healthy meals to put together since I don't always have a lot of time to get them together. Recently while browsing Costco, which is dangerous for my wallet, I found myself strolling down the breakfast isle. 

     Normally I would head towards the name brand cereal or one of many breakfast shakes that tastes oh so delicious. But as I neared the end of the isle, without putting anything in my basket amazingly, a bag of oatmeal caught my eye.

    Now, I despise plain oatmeal, as in I would rather eat rocks, so it must have been the golden bag that got my attention. After reviewing the nutritional facts and scanning it with my Fooducate app I put it in my basket.

     After it sat in my pantry for about a week, I opened the bag of Coaches Oat and made a bowl for the smaller appetite. I just about spit out the first bite I took! It was so plain and awful. I immediately thought that it was going to be just another bag that ended up in the trash and money down the drain. 

      About another week passed and I couldn't stand throwing out a full bag of oatmeal so I looked up variations to spice up my bland oatmeal. Now this probably sounds like a no brainer for most of you but adding some strawberries, blueberries, bananas and a bit of honey was my answer. This has become my new go to, quick healthy breakfast meal and I love that I don't feel guilty about it.

No comments: