Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for...

     Amazing

     Amazing is defined as causing great surprise or sudden wonder. Our perception of this word changes as the world changes around us. How? Let's explore...

     As children we thought our parents, grandparents, toys, playtime, animals and cartoons are all amazing. We would find the smallest and/or simplest things to be just awesome. 

     As teenagers we thought technology was amazing. Cell phones, laptops, Ipods and the Internet was our playground. We were fascinated and engulfed in the advancement of the technical world and all the gadgets we had at our fingertips.

     As a young adult we still find technology amazing along with a greater respect for our elders. It amazes us what struggles they had to endure to get where they are. As we move out on our own our appreciation for the lessons our parents taught us and the struggles they went through for us becomes a resource.

     As we become parents and grandparents what amazes us? I can't say as I'm not there yet but I am sure technology will still be one of them along with what our children and grandchildren will be able to teach us.

     We all find different things to be amazing in our lives. People, places and all sorts of things come to mind and they are constantly changing. So, what is amazing to you today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the ability of put things in a whole different perspective. Great ideas, and love the fact that you "bolded" all the "a" occurances!!

Shannon Lawrence said...

This is great! Very warming and encouraging. It's going to sound cliched, but my kids are amazing. I find my access to nature around me amazing. Piece of history I can go visit are amazing, preserved after all this time.

I'm your co-host for the A-to-Z! If you didn't get an email from me the other day, it may have gone in your spam box. Please feel free to contact me via my profile or reply to that email if you need anything or have any questions.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z