Saturday, April 28, 2012

W is for...

Wedding
The happiest day of my life, to date. Not to fret, this post is not going to be all about me or how beautiful my wedding was or how I wouldn't change anything about it or.... oops, this isn't about me, but more about the pressure some feel about getting married and planning a wedding.

Some have no interest or intention of ever getting married and some are so caught up in it that they search pinterest to pin hundreds of wedding images. I know more people who feel an urgency to get married and are stressed to the max about planning their wedding so that will be my focus.

Why is it that some women think they have to have all the bells and whistles to have the perfect wedding? Is it society and the 'keeping up with the Joneses' mentality that makes women want to have huge ceremony? Is it how we are raised that puts these ideas in our minds of how a wedding should be? Or it is how movies depict this event that makes it so stress worthy?

In my opinion, the simpler the better. People don't need a 500 person guest list or central park to have a fabulous wedding. All you need is the people closest to you and the one you love to make the perfect wedding day.

No comments: