Monday, April 2, 2012

Why only two days?

Seriously, why are weekends only 2 days long? It is ridiculous to think that after working 5 days that 2 days off is enough to rejuvenate. I think it should be evened out to 4 days work with 3 days off. Right?

OK, now that we got that rant out of the way, let's see what filled my busy weekend.

My brother and I joined forces on Saturday and had a Yard Sale so basically all last week I spent cleaning out my garage. I got up at 5:30 (ya, 5:30 on a Saturday!) to get ready and put all our stuff out that we wanted to sell. Before we knew it 6:40 rolled around, the first car stopped by and it had begun.

I had never done a yard or garage sale before so I was unsure as to what to expect. Let me tell you, some people are down right cheap! Not to sound snotty but when a lady gets all huffy when you tell her that brand new dress with the tags still on it is only $5 that's all I could think... Nevertheless I learned to shrug off those comments and stuck to my guns on the prices.

We ended our sale at 1pm and cleaned up since unfortunately we didn't sell everything. I was exhausted and sun burnt but we had more to do. Since we had gained a bit of cash I wanted to show hubby the plate set I've had my eyes on (since hubby is still off work with that shoulder injury we actually get to do stuff together).

Let's just say I have expensive taste so we ended up just getting an insulated cup my nephew wanted and hubs got one too.

I was so glad to just relax on Sunday and enjoy an uplifting General Conference. I had Chili Verde (recipe coming soon) cookin in the crock pot as me and the hubs enjoyed the talks given by our church leaders.

But here we are at Monday again. I tell you two day weekends are not enough. I dragged my hind parts to work this morning while Justin went in for his MRI. In another week we will know if he needs surgery or not, I'm crossing my fingers.

1 comment:

Alana said...

Wholeheartedly agree with you on weekends! :)

Alana @ writercize.blogspot.com